2 cups of plain flour
1/2 teasp of yeast
2 cups of milk
1 cups of minced walnut
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1 tablesp of rose water
1 tablesp of orange-flower water
3 cups of frying oil
2 cups of Syrup
- Mix the flour, yeast and milk until you get a soft and combined dough.
- Keep it aside until it gets double in size.
- Fill a pouring bad with part of the dough. Pouring small circles on a hot frying pan.
- After 1 minute of pouring the circles turn the Katayef to the other side for 2 seconds then take them of the frying pan.
- Mix the walnuts with the sugar, rose water and orange-flower water. Take 1 heaped teaspoon of the mixture and fill the middle of the Katayef.
- Fold over and Close the Katayef by pinching the edges of the dough.
- Deep fry the Kateyef in very hot oil until a golden color.
- Remove the Kateyef form the oil and put onto a paper towel to let excess oil drain for a few second then put them put into Syrup for few minutes.
- Take out of syrup and serve.