1 Cup Vegtable Oil
2 Cups Flour
3 Cups Semolina
1 Tblsp Baking Powder
400g Pitted chopped Datea
1/2 Cup Very Hot Water
1 Tblsp Cinnamon
1 Tblsp Ginger
1 Tsp Cloves
Peel of 2 Lemons
2 Tblsp orange Flower Water
1 1/2 Cups Honey
1/4 Cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 175c.
- Mix all the dough ingredients thoroughly, and knead it on a board for just a minute or two to obtain smooth dough. Set aside.
- Process all the filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured board, roll each piece into a rectangle 2cm thick, about 25-30cm long.
- Transfer onto a well-greased cookie sheet with straight sides.
- Cover the dough evenly with the filling. Repeat with the remaining dough, and place gently over the filling.
- Score the dough in the shape of squares or diamonds.
- Bake about 40-50 minutes until golden.
- Immediately pour the honey slowly and evenly over the whole cake, and then sprinkle all over with the sesame seeds.
- Let the cake cool then cut it along the scored lines and serve.