Moroccan Date and Walnut Bars
Crunchy date, walnut and cinnamon sweets
5 Tblsp Plain Flour
1 Cup Caster Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Dates, roughly chopped
1/2 Cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180c.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs well.
- Sift into the bowl the flour, sugar and baking powder then mix well to form a smooth consistency.
- Mix through the cinnamon, dates and walnuts.
- Line a 30x30cm baking tray with lightly greased baking paper.
- Spread out the mixture evenly using a spatula onto the baking paper, on the tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden on top.
- Allow 2 hours to cool then cut into 3x6cm bars then serve.