400g butter at room temperature
3 cups corn starch
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
9-10 Tbsp caster sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
½ cup icing sugar for topping
- Mixpowdered sugar and soft butter/margarine in a large bowl.
- Knead until it gets homogeneous. Add starch slowly, while kneading. Also, add vanilla as well. Then, add flour slowly.
- Knead until the dough becomes smooth and soft.
- Place large pieces of dough on a flat surface roll it with your hands to make a long stick, 5cm thick.
- Use a knife to cut 1 inch pieces diagonally then make stripes on each piece with a forlk pressing gently.
- Place on a greased oven tray leaving space between.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for about 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool, then sprinkle icing sugar on top with a strainer.