1 kg fresh okra
1 kg fresh tomatoes (or 2 400g cans diced tomatoes)
3 onions sliced into rings
7 cloves garlic
1 cup oil
Ĺ cup lemon juice
1 bunch coriander chopped
1tabs dried coriander
2 green chillis sliced
Salt to season
- Trim the top of the okra (Hint: you can put a small
cut In the middle of the okra for extra flavour).
- Fry the okra in batches to give them nice golden
color then put them aside.
- Fry the onion ring and 5 cloves garlic till you get
golden color and put them aside as well.
- In another pan add 1 tabsp of oil then add the okra,
onions, the fried garlic, mince the other two cloves, chopped coriander,
salt, the lemon, puree tomatoes and Ĺ cup of water and leave it to cook for
15 to 20 minutes (donít stir).
- Add the green chillis and serve.