1 Large Eggplant
1/4 Cup and 2 Tblsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 Tblsp Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tblsp Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, Roughly chopped for garnish
- Slice eggplants into half lengthwise and make shallow cuts on the flesh side.
- Brush the eggplant all over with 2 Tblsp of olive oil pushing into the cuts.
- Grill, covered and turning frequently until the flesh is soft and the skin is crisp for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup olive oil, onion, garlic, parsley salt and pepper then pour on eggplant coating both sides.
- Grill for another 3-5 minutes to crisp the onion.
- Garnish with parsley then serve.