2 Large Potatoes, peeled, boiled
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Medium Onion, diced
2 Tblsp Olive Oil
3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1/2 Cup Bulgur Wheat
1 Medium Eggplant, cubed
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
1 Tsp Ground Coriander
1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 Cup Celery, chopped
1/2 Bell Pepper, chopped
1/4 Cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
1 Tsp Dried Basil Flakes
1 Tsp Dried Oregano Flakes
- Preheat oven to 175c.
- In a large bowl mash the potatoes, mix through milk and parsley, season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil, fry the onion, garlic and bulgur until the onions are translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium then add the eggplant, salt, pepper and spices cook for 10-15 minutes until the eggplant has just softened.
- Add the mushrooms, celery, bell pepper, basil and oregano then continue to cook another 5 minutes.
- Brush a deep casserole dish with oil then place the mixture in then spread the mashed potatoes mixture on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is lightly golden.
- Allow 10 minutes to cool then serve.