Lebanese Roasted Potatoes
Potatoes roasted with garlic, sumac, cherry tomatoes and coriander
1kg Potatoes, peeled, chopped into 3-5cm Chunks
4 Tblsp Olive Oil
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
500g Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
6-8 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
1 Tblsp Fresh Coriander, finely chopped
1 Tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
1 Tsp Sumac
Zest of 1 Lemon
1 Tblsp Lemon Juice or to taste
4-6 Spring Onions, finely chopped
2 Tblsp Sesame Seeds
1 Tbslp chopped Mint
- Preheat oven to 220c and line your roasting tray with foil.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil 1.5L water and 2 tsp salt.
- Add the potato chunks and boil for about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and then let them sit for 5 minutes so the potatoes dry out.
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil then add 2 tsp coarse salt plus some black pepper.
- Spread the potatoes the roasting tray then roast for 10-15 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes and garlic, along with half of the coriander, the chilli flakes and the sumac.
- Roast for another 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and tender.
- Remove from oven place into a large bowl, add lemon zest, lemon juice, spring onions, sesame seeds and more salt and pepper if desired.
- Stir in the remaining coriander and mint just before serving.