2-3 Spring Onion Stalks, chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
2 Small Tomatoes, chopped
1.5 Cups chopped Onions (about 3 Onions)
3/4 Cup Red Lentils
4-5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cup Water
1.5 Cups Fine Bulgur, rinsed and drained
85g Tomato Paste
2 Tsp Cumin
1/2 Tsp Dry Chili Flakes
1/2 Tbsp Salt
- Combine the spring onion, pepper and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Mix together with half the onions and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, sweat the lentils in 1 cup water with the remaining onions until both are soft, around 20 minutes.
- While the lentils and onions are hot add them to the minced vegetable mixture in the bowl then add the olive oil and stir.
- Add the bulgur, tomato paste, cumin, chili flakes and salt.
- Blend the mixture thoroughly by hand and adjust the seasoning.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 Min to let the mixture solidify.
- One hour before serving, form the mixture into torpedo shapes around 8cm long, 3cm wide and tapered at the ends.
- Serve at room temperature.