1 Tblsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 Cups Instant Couscous
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Large Potatoes, peeled, diced, boiled till soft, mashed
1 Small Red Bell Pepper, seeded, diced
2 Tomatoes, finley chopped
50g Black Olives, pitted, chopped
1 Tsp Fresh Lemon Zest
4 Eggs, beaten
300g White Cheese (Feta or Goat)
- In large saucepan heat the oil then sauté the onions and garlic until lightly golden.
- Turn off heat, add 2 cup of boiling water, spices and couscous cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Grease a large baking dish add couscous, potato, bell pepper, tomato, olives, zest, eggs then mix well and pat flat.
- Crumble the white cheese all over the top.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes until golden on top then serve hot.