300g cooked puff pastry
1/4 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 teasp cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
2 teasp rose water
1 cup light cream
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Grease a round, glass baking dish.
- Crumble the pastry into the dish and mix with the nuts and lemon juice.
- Heat the milk, sugar and cinnamon to just below the boiling point, then slowly add the beaten egg.
- Pour this over the pastry mixture in the dish, and sprinkle with rose water.
- Top with the cream and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden.