Charred Bell Pepper and Tomato Dip
Spicy charred red bell pepper with tomato and garlic
2 Medium Red Bell Peppers
1 400g Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tblsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/4 Tspoon Cayenne Pepper
Salt to taste
- Hold bell pepper with a fork over a stove flame for 10-20 seconds to char the skin.
- Allow to cool then chop bell pepper, cut off charred skin and discarding seeds.
- In a medium saucepan combine all of the ingredients.
- Simmer on a medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes regularly stirring and adding a little water to stop it from drying out.
- Remove from heat when a paste like consistency forms.
- Allow to cool then serve with pita crisps.