1 cup uncooked chickpeas
¾ cup raw tahini (ground sesame seeds)
½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tsp cumin
Sweet paprika, olive oil and some parsley (for decoration only)
- Soak the chickpeas in water for 8-10 hours.
- Strain and drain the chickpeas and cook them in 5
cups water for 2 hours until totally soft.
- Strain and take them out of the water (keep the
water!), reserve a few chickpeas for decoration.
- Place chickpeas and other ingredients in blender,
gradually adding a small amount of the cooking water.
- Blend this mixture until smooth.
- Put the hummus spread in an attractive shallow bowl
and decorate it with the cooked chickpeas, olive oil, paprika and some parsley.