400g of Carrots peeled, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch chunks
1/4 cup water
2 to 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
3/4 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon coriander
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place the carrots and water in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and steam the carrots until they are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a food processor, immersion blender, or regular blender, puree the carrots.
- Add the garlic, ginger, paprika, cinnamon, coriander, and lemon juice, and continue to process until the mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, and process just until it is well-blended.
- Transfer the carrot dip to a serving dish, and allow to cool. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley just before serving, if desired.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled with pita chips, crusty bread or crudites.