Egyptian Beef, Pea and Carrot Stew (Besila)
Diced beef in a tomato sauce with peas and carrots
1 Kg Peas (frozen is ok)
500g diced Beef, Cut into 2cm Cubes
1 Can 400g diced Tomatoes
2 Tabsp Tomato Paste
1 Large diced Onion
2 Carrots, peeled, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Cup Beef Stock
1/4 Tsp Mixed Spices
2 Tblsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
2-3 Cups Cooked Rice, Boiled and drained
- In a large pan heat olive oil then add the onion and garlic let it fry for 2 minutes till soft and golden.
- Add the beef and fry for 4-5 minutes till brown then add the spices and pepper and fry for ½ minute.
- Add the tomatoes, beef stock, tomato paste and salt.
- Bring to the boil then put everything in the pressure cooker for 15 minutes till meat is tender.
- Add the peas and carrots and let it cook for 5-10 minutes till the peas and carrots have softend.
- Serve with rice.