1 Kg Potatoes, Boiled and Peeled
2 Heaping Tbsp Cornstarch
1/2 Tsp Salt
300g Ground Beef
1 Onion, chopped finely
1 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Allspice
1/2 Cup Parsley, chopped
- Make the filling: saute the mince in a pan until browned, add the onion, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Keep cooking until onions are transparent and there is little to no liquid left.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, stir in the parsley, allow to cool completely.
- Make the crust: In a food processor, pulse the potato, cornstarch, egg, and salt until smooth and well mixed.
- Refrigerate the crust mixture at least 2 hours to make it easier to work.
- Note that working with a chilled crust mixture is crucial, because it is near impossible to form the kubba using a warm mixture.
- To form the kubba, take from the potato mixture the size of an egg.
- Make a hollow in the center and fill it with a teaspoon of the meat filling.
- Seal with the edges of the potato, and flatten slightly between your two palms to create and bi-convex disc shape.
- Freeze the kubba in single layer for at least 2 hours before deep-frying.
- Deep-fry the frozen kubba until lightly golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper towel then serve.