1.5kg Large onions
1/2 cup rice
300g Lamb mince
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Large grated onion
400g diced tomatoes
3 tablesp olive oil
1/2 teasp dried coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel onions and boiled for 2-3 minutes.
- strain onions in a colander and keep aside untill cool.
- Make the suffing - mix well in a bowl the rice, mince, 2 cloves garlic crushed, grated onion, oil, salt and pepper.
- Scoop out the centers of the boiled onions with a tea spoon then half fill with stuffing.
- Preheat oven at 180c.
- In a baking pan pour in diced tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic crushed, dried coriander and salt and pepper to taste then mix.
- Then place into the pan the stuffed onions and bake for 20-30 minutes until onions are golden and rice is cooked.