1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, diced
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
500g Lean Lamb Neck Fillet, cubed
2 Cinnamon Sticks, Broken In Half
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tsp Ground Turmeric
12 Dried Apricots
1 Lamb or Vegetable Stock Cube
2 Tblsp Pine Nuts
1/2 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves, roughly chopped
- Add the oil to the pan then fry the onion, garlic and cinnamon together until lightly golden.
- Stir in the lamb, fry until the meat browns, then add the rice and cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Pour in 500ml boiling water, crumble in the stock cube, add the turmeric, salt, pepper and apricots.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 mins until the rice is tender and the stock has been absorbed.
- Mix through the pine nuts and mint then serve.