250g plain flour sifted
125g chilled unsalted butter chopped
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp cold water
2 tabsp olive oil
1 leeks medium size chopped
1 teasp ground black pepper
500g ground beef
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 onions (finely chopped)
- Place flour, butter and salt in a food processor and
process till mixture is like fine crumbs then add whisked egg, water mix and
- Put pastry on to a lightly floured surface and knead
until smooth (do not overwork pastry) wrap in plastic cling wrap. Place into
fridge for 1 hour to rest until firm.
- Remove pastry from plastic wrap and shape into 10cm
squares and 2mm thick.
- In a pot heat olive oil then put chopped onion, leeks
and fry for 2 minutes till soft then add ground beef, black pepper and salt.
Stir over medium heat until cooked. Set aside until cool.
- Fill pastry squares pockets and press sides with fork
then brush with beaten egg.
- Heat oven to 180 Celsius and place squares on a tray
and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown, serve hot.