1 250g Pack Filo Pastry Sheets
1 Cup Yogurt
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
500g Ground Beef
1 Medium Onion, Finley chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1/2 Cup Parsley, Finley chopped
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan then add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes then add garlic and ground beef.
- Cook stirring constantly until the beef is browned then add the parsley, salt, black pepper and paprika and sauté for another 2 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven at 180c.
- In a large bowl add the yogurt, olive oil and egg, mix well to combine.
- Using a brush coat the baking dish well with olive oil (this will prevent the filo sheets from sticking to the baking dish).
- One at a time place half of the filo packet in the baking dish brushing each sheet with the yogurt mixture.
- Spread the meat filling evenly on top of the filo.
- One at a time place the other half of the filo packet on top brushing each sheet with the yogurt mixture.
- If there is any yogurt mixture remaining, pour it on top and spread evenly with a brush.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden on top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.