Lebanese Barbecue Chicken
Chicken done with garlic, oregano, parsley and spices
1 Whole chicken
2 tablesp lemon Juice
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 teasp paprika
1 teasp cumin
1 teasp oregano
1/2 teasp cayenne
1 teasp turmeric
100ml olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- Cut the chicken backbone and open then chicken into a butterfly. Cut 2 slashes in each leg an breast, half way down to the bone.
- In a large bowl combine the lemon juice, garlic spices and oil, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the chicken into the marinade and stir thoroughly to fully coat the entire chicken and into the cuts.
- Marinate for at least an hour.
- Place the chicken on the barbecue and grill for 35-45 minutes, turning every few minutes to cook evenly.
- Served garnished with parsley, drizzle Tahini and with Lebanese pita bread.