Preserved Lemon and Olives Chicken Tajine
Spicy skinless chicken with tomato, potatoes, preserved lemon and olives
3-4 Skinless Chicken Maryland cut into pieces
2 Tomato, chopped
1 Onion, sliced
2 Large Potatoes, cut into wedges
150g Pitted Green Olives
1 Bunch Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
1 Cup Water
1 Preserved Lemon, cut into 6 segments
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1/2 Preserved Lemon, rinsed and thinly sliced
2 Onions, chopped
1/2 Red Chilli
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
2 Tbsp Coriander, chopped
2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
1/2 Tsp Saffron Threads, soaked in a little water
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- In a food processor combine all the marinade ingredients until finely chopped.
- Using half the marinade, rub the chicken all over then refrigerate overnight (or for at least 2 hours).
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the marinade on the base of the tajine then add half the tomato and onion then arrange the chicken pieces on top.
- Coat potato wedges with marinade then arrange around the chicken then top with preserved lemon, olives and the other half of the onion and tomato slices.
- Mix the roughly chopped coriander and remaining marinade with water then pour over the mixture.
- Cover the tajine with a lid and cook on a low heat for 45 minutes. (Do not stir during the cooking process.)
- Serve tajine with rice or couscous and harissa sauce.