Saudi Spicy Hard Boiled Egg Stew
Eggs with tomatoes, onion, garlic, cumin, turmeric and lemon
6 Eggs, hard boiled, peeled
2 Tblsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 Medium Tomatoes, diced
1 Tsp Ground Chilli
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Juice of 1 Lemon
- In large frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil then fry the eggs, rolling in the pan to form a golden crust. Remove the eggs from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan then sauté the garlic and onions until lightly golden.
- Add the tomatoes, spices and 1/2 cup of water and cook the tomatoes for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Add eggs and cook for another 3-5 minutes allowing the eggs to coat well and absorb the sauce.
- Remove from heat and squeeze on lemon juice.
- Serve with pita bread.