Tunisian Egg and Potato Omelette
Omelette made with hard boiled eggs, potatoes, tomato and cumin
1 Large Tomato, chopped
1 Medium Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Chili Pepper, chopped
2 Medium Potatoes, peeled, cubed
2 Tblsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tblsp Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
200g Tasty Cheese, grated
- Hard boil 6 eggs and peel then set aside.
- Boil potatoes cubes for 5-10 minutes to be tender yet firm then set aside.
- In large frying pan heat 1 Tblsp of oil then sauté the garlic and onions until lightly golden.
- Add tomato, chilli pepper, cumin, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Pre-heat oven at 180c.
- Coat a medium baking dish well with 1 Tblsp of olive oil.
- Break up hard boiled eggs and add to baking dish with potatoes frying pan mixture and parsley.
- Add 2 raw eggs to mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle over tasty cheese and bake for 10-20 minutes until top is lightly golden.
- Serve immediately hot.