Egyptian Moamar Baked Rice
Creamy, spicy baked rice with a golden brown crust
(Aslo spelt as Moammar, Meammer, Mammar)
2 Cup Rice
1 Cup Full Cream Milk
1 Cup Stock
2 Tblsp Cream
1 Tsp Baharat Spice
Salt and Papper to taste
(Optional) 300g Diced Chicken Fillet or Diced Beef
100g Butter, melted
- Wash rice then soak in water for 15 min.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Place rice in a ceramic or glass casserole then add the meat/chicken pieces, stock, milk, cream and spices, mix well then pour butter over the top.
- Place casserole on baking try to reduce oven spills then bake for around 1 hour.
- Remove from oven when a golden brown crust forms.
- Allow 10-15 minutes to cool then serve.