Garlic Lemon and Herb Rice
Fluffy rice with garlic, lemon and fresh herbs
1 1/2 Cups Uncooked Long-grain White Rice
3 Cups Low-salt Chicken Broth
2 Tblsp Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tblsp Vegetable Oil
4 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
3/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup chopped Fresh Coriander
1/4 Cup chopped Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
2 Tblsp chopped Fresh Mint
1 Tblsp chopped Fresh Marjoram
1 1/2 Tsp grated Lemon Peel
- Place rice in strainer. Rinse under cold water until water runs clear. Drain well.
- Bring broth and lime juice to simmer in medium saucepan.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic then sauté until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add rice then stir 2 minutes, add hot broth mixture and 3/4 teaspoon salt and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low then cover. Cook until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Turn off heat, let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Add herbs and lemon peel to rice then fluff with fork.
- Season with additional salt, if desired.