Eggplant, Lentil and Prawn Stew
Prawn cooked in a spicy tomato stew with eggplant, lentils and capsicum
4 Tblsp Olive Oil
500g Prawns, peeled, deveined
2 small Eggpant, peeled, diced
1 Onion, finely chopped
Pinch of Saffron
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Capsicum, finely chopped
1 400g Tin Diced Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Water
1 400g Tins Lentils, drained
Salt and Pepper to taste
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/2 Tblsp Flat Leaf Parsley for garnish
- Add 2 tablespoons of the oil into a large deep frying pan.
- Fry the eggplant on medium heat until lightly golden then remove from the pan and set aside, reserving the oil in the pan.
- Add the prawns and fry for 2-3 minutes until slightly underdone but pink then set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil into the pan then add the onion and fry for 6-8 minutes until golden.
- Add the saffron, paprika, chilli flakes, garlic and capsicum to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and return eggplant and cook for another 5-10 minute then add the 1/2 cup of water, reduce heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and squeeze on lemon and mix through.
- Garnish with parsley then serve.