Syraian Tomato, Carrot and Lentil Soup
Tomato soup with carrot, lentils onion, garlic and spice
2 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Meduim Onion, finley diced
2 Carrots, diced
4 Cloves Garlic, monced
2 Tsp Ground Cumin
2 Tsp Ground Coriander
1 Tsp Ground Ginger
2 Tblsp Tomato Paste
1 Cup Red Lentils
2 x 400g Diced Tomatoes Cans
6 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Stock
Salt and Pepper to taste
Greek Yogurt to serve
1 Tblsp Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat then add the onion and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and ginger and cook stirring for another minute.
- Add the tomato paste, lentils, tomatoes, stock, salt and pepper and then bring to the boil.
- Cover the saucepan, reduce heat to medium then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Allow 10 minutes to cool then place the mixture to a blender and process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan then on a medium heat brings back to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Place in serving bowls, serve hot topped with a dollop of yogurt and garnished with parsley.