6 Tbsp Olive Oil
6 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
350g Chickpeas, pre-soaked overnight
2.2L Fresh Chicken Stock
2 Onions, finely chopped
3 Carrots, finely chopped
6 Sticks of Celery, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
The Juice of 1 Lemon
3 Tbsp Freshly chopped Coriander
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the garlic and sautéed gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour or until the chickpeas are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan add the onion, carrots and celery, mix well to coat.
- Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time then set aside.
- Once the chickpeas are tender, add the onion mixture together with salt, pepper, the lemon juice and coriander.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes. Serve hot.