Egyptian Sesame Seed Sweets
Sesame seed sweet pieces with honey, ginger and cinnamon
2 Cups Sesame Seeds
2 Tblsp Black Sesame Seeds (optional)
1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger Powder
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon Powder
1/2 Tsp Table Salt
- Line a 30x30cm baking tray with lightly greased baking paper.
- In a large frying pan toast the sesame seeds on medium-low heat until lightly golden and aromatic then set aside.
- In the same frying pan add in the remaining ingredients on a medium heat, stirring continuously, until the sugar has disolved then turn off heat.
- Stir in the sesame seeds into the sugar mixture then quickly transfer onto the baking paper, on the tray and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Score the sesame mixture into diamond-shaped pieces then place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Remove from fridge break into pieces then serve.