1/2 cup self rasing flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup semolina flour
1 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup caster sugar
3/4 teasp orange flower water
30 blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 140C.
- Sift together the self rasing flour, plain flour, and semolina then set aside.
- Beat the butter for at least 10 minutes until it's fluffy.
- Then beat for 2 more minutes while sprinkling in the blossom water and mixing the sugar forming a dough.
- Refrigerate the dough in a covered bowl for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a 2cm thickness, then cut into small balls and place them 3 cm apart on un-greased baking papper on a try.
- Then place an almond in the center of each biscuit.
- Bake between 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, then remove from oven when lightly golden.
- Let biscuits cool for at least one hour before serving.