2 cup butter
1 cup milk
4 1/2 cup plain flour
2 tablesp baking powder
1 teasp instant yeast
1 teasp ground cinnamon
1 teasp ground cloves
1 teasp ground ginger
1 teasp white sugar
1 cup date spread
1 cup icing sugar
- Heat the butter until almost boiling.
- In a large bowl add the baking powder, spices and flour.
- Slowly pour in the butter and stir until an even and smooth consistency.
- Add the yeast to the milk with a teaspoon of sugar, then stir gently into the dough (dough should still be a bit warm).
- Knead for 3 minutes, cover and let it rest for 1 hour.
- After resting shaping the dough with your hands into little balls, stuff with date spread and then flatten.
- Place the balls on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 180c for 15 minutes.
- Wait until cooled then sprinkle with icing sugar then serve.