Lebanese Date Filled Fingers
Pastry fingers filled with dates and topped with sesame seeds
3 Cups of Plain Flour
1 Tblsp of Yeast
1 Tblsp Caster Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp of Salt
1/4 Tsp of Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Vegtable Oil
3/4 Cup of Warm Water
450 Grams Date Paste
1 Tblsp of Butter, softened
1 Tsp of Cinnamon
1 Large Egg
1/4 Tsp Vanilla
1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds
- In a large bowl mix well 2 1/2 cups of flour, yeast, baking powder and salt.
- Add the oil and water then knead for 5 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and set aside for 1 hour for the dough to rise.
- In a small bowl mix well all the filling ingredients.
- Roll out the dough into 1-2 cm thick sheets on a flat surface then gently spread on the filling mixture.
- Carefully roll over the dough twice then with a knife cut off 5cm fingers.
- Place the fingers on baking paper on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl mix well the topping ingredients.
- Carefully brush the topping mixture onto the fingers.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to set.
- Preheat oven to 175c.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool then serve.