1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
1/4 Tsp Salt
Zest of 1 Lemon
40g Unsalted Butter, Melted
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Almond Meal
1 Tsp Baking Powder
3 Cups Shredded Coconut
1 Tbsp orange Blossom Water
2 Tbsp Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Over a pot of simmering water whisk eggs and sugar in a stainless-steel bowl for 2 minutes until sugar has dissolved. Ensure water bowl doesn’t touch and the eggs don't cook.
- Add in salt and zest then stir well to combine.
- Stir in melted butter, oil, almond meal, baking powder, orange-blossom water and coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes until mixture is firm.
- Use to wet hands and roll 3 tsp sized coconut mixture balls.
- Dip one side of each ball into icing sugar, flatten slightly and then place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden and firm.
- Allow to cook then serve.