1 500g chickpeas (pre-soaked in water for 12 hours)
1 cup fresh parsley
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
½ cup fresh coriander
3 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp cumin
2 Tsp sea-salt
Oil for deep frying
- Grind all the ingredients (except the olive oil) in a
meat grinder until the mixture gets smooth, retaining the water, which keeps
the mixture moist.
- Put the falafel mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for
- Heat the oil, and in the meantime, make the falafel
balls from the mixture. The balls should be 3¼ thick in diameter.
- Add about 10 falafel balls to the cooking pan for
each batch of frying, cooking from both sides for 7-8 minutes until the
falafel balls get brownish.
- It is very important to keep the oil hot, so make
sure you fry no more than 10 balls at a time.
- When the falafel balls are ready, take them out with
the perforated spoon and place them on a paper towel in order to get rid of