2 Tblsp Olive Oil
1/2 Large Onion, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
Salt to taste
1 Tblsp Tomato Paste
2 Tblsp Baharat
1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
400g Can Diced Tomatoes
500g Potatoes, cut into chunks
2 1/2 Cups Cooked Chickpeas
3 Cups Water
1/4 Cup Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
- In large saucepan heat the oil and sauté the garlic and onions until lightly golden.
- Add the tomato paste and cook until it starts to brown, about 2 more minutes.
- Add baharat, salt and cayenne and cook for just 10 seconds to release the flavour then add water, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on a low heat until the potatoes are nearly tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add Chickpeas and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat garnish with coriander then serve hot.