4 medium-size eggplant
2 large onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
4 large tomatoes, peeled
2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Nutmeg to taste
- Cut eggplants in halfs lengthwise, then scoop out the flesh.
- Sprinkle the inside and scooped flesh with salt and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablesp of olive oil in a fryingpan then sauté onions and garlic until golden then stir in tomatoes, parsley, seasoning and eggplant flesh then cook for about 10-15 mins on medium heat.
- Heat 3 tablesp of olive oil in another fryingpan and Fry eggplant halves until the flesh softens, adding more oil if necessary.
- Remove from heat eggplants halves and scoop in stuffing mixture.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.